December 3, 2013

Eco-Friendly Nativity Scene For Children


I am absolutely *smitten* with this adorable Nativity Scene I just ordered from Etsy shop Treehouse Kids.

I have been searching for a kid-friendly Nativity Scene since Miss O was born, and nothing really enchanted me. But these precious peg people are so blissfully simple and sweet that I couldn't resist buying the set for Miss O and Mr. A so they can interact with them all season long and really learn about the true meaning of Christmas.



The set comes complete with nine wooden dolls that are handpainted with eco-friendly soy ink and their felt clothing is made from post consumer plastic bottles. And the wire used is lead free and tarnish free.

When we took out all of our decorations today, all Mr. A wanted to do was play with our Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus figurines. I had to take them away because they were breakable and he wasn't being delicate enough with them. I can't wait to put this gorgeous set out for him to play with until his heart's content, and to teach my children about Christ's birth during this magical time.

This Nativity Scene is only $21.50 as well! It's a Christmas miracle!

No comments: